[Spice-devel] 2K/4K resolutions not available?

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Mon Jun 15 01:50:28 PDT 2015

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 10:48:56AM -0700, Mike wrote:
> Hi Christophe,
>
> 	I fired up a Fedora 22 live CD and it does change the guest resolution when
> I resize the window, but only larger, it doesn't resize it smaller for some
> reason.
>
> When comparing the package versions between Fedora and Ubuntu, the
> spice-client/spice-vdagent versions match, but it appears that Fedora 22
> uses xorg-x11-drv-qxl v0.1.3-2 and Ubuntu uses xserver-xorg-video-qxl
> v0.1.1-0ubuntu6. So I'm guessing that may be the issue...
>
> I will see if I can get Ubuntu upgraded to the latest version to confirm for
> sure.

Yes would be nice (there's a 0.1.4 version as well), for now you could
try to make a local build of this new version, or get someone to build
that for you (potentially in a ppa). Debian has 0.1.4 in its unstable
repository, maybe their source package can be used for a rebuild on the
ubuntu version you need.