[Spice-devel] spice-html5 and raw PCM playback

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Mon May 18 09:48:31 PDT 2015

> I have downloaded the javascript sources directly from the git repository
> (http://cgit.freedesktop.org/spice/spice-html5/). When I connect to the
> virtual
> machine I get these errors:
>     ERROR: This player cannot handle mode 1
>     ERROR: This player cannot handle frequency 44100
>
> So I suppose that OPUS is supported, but the server is not using it. If
> the problem
> is in the server, I think I should open another thread for this.

Yes, that's exactly right.  And your versions appear sufficient, and
appear to be built correctly.

I do have one possible theory - if qemu initializes the audio device
before your client is connected, then spice will not provide opus
support.  (That is, qemu needs to know what frequency to create the
audio line at; it asks spice for advice on that.  Spice basically says:
 "if I know the client is opus capable, then give 48000, an opus
compatible frequency, otherwise, give 44100, an opus excluding frequency").

Can you test that?

Cheers,

Jeremy