[Swfdec] Swfdec git install redux

Richard Revis richard at revis.org
Sun Jun 3 08:34:45 PDT 2007

Please ignore my previous message to the list, there was an error between
keyboard and chair.

I have completed some from-git install documentation, available here:
http://revis.co.uk/site/?q=node/157
I'll generalise it, transfer it to the wiki and tidy up the installation page
shortly.

Installation issues:

The configure script seems to have a small glitch in that for the
packages liblame-dev libxvidcore4-dev libx264-dev libfaac-dev libfaad2-dev it
detects only that the library is installed and *not* the headers required to
build. Eg if liblame is installed configure will complete, however make will
bug out until liblame-dev is installed. Not sure if this is working as
intended - it's not true for the other libraries.

Once built and installed swfplay is not found in the path
(/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games).

Performance is greatly improved over 0.4.3, however swfplay is still much
better than the plugin, even when the plugin is allowed to completely buffer
the file before playing. System spec: 1.5ghz PPC w/1.25 gig ram. Tested with
swf files from Youtube.