[SyncEvolution] Setup of SyncML to WebDAV synchronization bridge: Problem with SSLVerifyServer switch in configuration command

Helge Kraak helge at kraak.info
Tue Jan 14 11:43:42 UTC 2014

Thank you, Patrick.

I tried your suggestion for the third command but when I start initiate
a sync I get the error message that no configuration could be found for
the deviceID (like with the third variation below).

It's correct that I don't need to use the keyring=no option again in the
third command but I have to apply the *SSLVerifyServer=False *option
also in the third command for creating the Palm peer, otherwise I get a
SSL verification error.

As a result of these observations I tried to initiate a sync with the
following three versions of the third command (for every variation I
started with an empty syncevolution config and reapplied the first two
commands before every time as well):

*1. *My previous version without *keyring=no*:

/syncevolution --configure /*SSLVerifyServer=False --template
*SyncEvolution_Client/--sync-property
remoteDeviceId=ST23K3J5I4JX// username=admin password=admin
/--source-property addressbook/uri=addressbook  Palm-TH55 at webdav

RETURNS:

"First ERROR encountered: error code from SyncEvolution fatal error
(local, status 10500): no sources active, check configuration"

*2.* My previous version without *keyring=no* but with *sync=two-way* as
you suggested:

/syncevolution --configure /*SSLVerifyServer=False --template
*SyncEvolution_Client/ --sync-property
remoteDeviceId=ST23K3J5I4JX// username=admin password=admin
/--source-property addressbook/uri=addressbook  sync=two-way
Palm-TH55 at webdav

RETURNS:

"First ERROR encountered: error code from SyncEvolution fatal error
(local, status 10500): no sources active, check configuration"  --> Same
error message

*3.* My previous version without *keyring=no* but with *sync=two-way*
and *addressbook* like you suggested:

/syncevolution --configure /*SSLVerifyServer=False --template
*SyncEvolution_Client/ --sync-property
remoteDeviceId=/PN70M9J5V7JX/ username=admin password=admin
/--source-property addressbook/uri=addressbook sync=two-way
Palm-TH55 at webdav addressbook

RETURNS for the command:

"[INFO] addressbook: looking for databases...
[INFO] addressbook: no database to synchronize
[ERROR] addressbook: no database to synchronize"

AND for the sync initiation:

"no configuration found for deviceID ST23K3J5I4JX"