[SyncEvolution] Setup of SyncML to WebDAV synchronization bridge: Problem with SSLVerifyServer switch in configuration command

Helge Kraak helge at kraak.info
Tue Jan 14 04:40:12 UTC 2014

Thank you very much for your explanations, Patrick. Following your
advices I think I'm (hopefully) close to having a correct configuration.
Starting from an empty syncevolution configuration I apply the following
commands:

*### First command**###*

syncevolution --configure  \
*keyring=no* *SSLVerifyServer=False* \
                        --template webdav

syncURL=https://localhost:443/sabredav/addressbookserver.php/ \
                         username=admin password=admin  \
                         target-config at webdav

RETURNS:

[INFO] addressbook: looking for databases...
[INFO] addressbook: okay
[INFO] calendar: looking for databases...
[INFO] calendar: no database to synchronize
[INFO] memo: looking for databases...
[INFO] memo: no database to synchronize
[INFO] todo: looking for databases...
[INFO] todo: no database to synchronize

This is the expected output because on the WebDAV server I have only set
up an address book so far.

*### Second command ###*

syncevolution --configure  \
                         databaseUser=admin  \
                         "databasePassword=admin" \
                       addressbook/backend=carddav  \

addressbook/database=*https://localhost:443/sabredav/addressbookserver.php/*addressbooks/admin/
\
                         @webdav   addressbook

*### Third command ###*

/syncevolution --configure /*
                     keyring=no**SSLVerifyServer=False
*--template**SyncEvolution_Client/
                     --sync-property remoteDeviceId=/ST23K3J5I4JX/
                     username=admin password=admin
/                    --source-property addressbook/uri=addressbook
                     --source-property calendar/uri=events
                     --source-property todo/uri=tasks
                     --source-property memo/uri=memo
                     Palm-TH55 at webdav

RETURNS:

[INFO] addressbook: looking for databases...
[INFO] addressbook: no database to synchronize
[INFO] calendar: looking for databases...
[INFO] calendar: backend failed: error code from SyncEvolution
authorization failed (remote, status 401): calendar: syncURL not
configured and username admin does not contain a domain
[INFO] memo: looking for databases...
[INFO] memo: backend failed: error code from SyncEvolution authorization
failed (remote, status 401): memo: syncURL not configured and username
admin does not contain a domain
[INFO] todo: looking for databases...
[INFO] todo: backend failed: error code from SyncEvolution authorization
failed (remote, status 401): todo: syncURL not configured and username
admin does not contain a domain

Here I'm stuck. What am I missing so that the database on at the WebDAV
server cannot be found?

Thanks.

Helge