[systemd-devel] /usr on separate file system

Dr. Werner Fink werner at suse.de
Mon Mar 7 09:00:23 PST 2011

On Mon, Mar 07, 2011 at 05:21:36PM +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Mon, 07.03.11 17:14, Dr. Werner Fink (werner at suse.de) wrote:
> >
> > Hmmm ... AFAIK RedHat has not left the Linux Foundation, does this
> > mean that RedHat will ignore the results of the LSB working group?
>
> Fedora has never been following the LSB really, stuff like libexec
> does not exist in LSB/FHS, but does in Fedora. And on Fedora LSB headers
> in init scripts always have been the exception not the rule.
>
> > > What will happen is that /usr will be on the rootfs. :)
> >
> > All joking apart, I'd like to see some generic support within
> > systemd for partitions as specified in FHS ;)
>
> systemd has no problems with a split off /usr. Stop asking for this,
> because it's already there.

Then, also as maintainer of insserv, a tool for enabling/disabling
the (remaining) LSB boot scripts on Debian and OpenSUSE with SysVinit,
I'd like to ask if there is something todo for a better integration
into the scheme of systemd.  Maybe to help package maintainers to
convert the LSB scripts forward to systemd service, device, and/or
mount units.

   Werner

--
System V style init programs - http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/sysvinit/