[systemd-devel] [ANNOUNCE] systemd 188

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Fri Aug 10 05:44:11 PDT 2012

On Thu, 09.08.12 21:59, Colin Guthrie (gmane at colin.guthr.ie) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 'Twas brillig, and Lennart Poettering at 09/08/12 11:32 did gyre and gimble:
> > http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/systemd-188.tar.xz
>
> I seem to get logind/loginctl issues with this release.
>
> Just installing this and logging in with gdm means that my session (as
> listed in loginctl) is not listed as active (which obviously breaks ACLs
> etc).
>
> If I try and manually activate my session (as my user or root) I get:
>

> $ loginctl activate 2
> Failed to issue method call: No such device or address

Interesting. ENODEV is an interesting error here. Do you have anything
in the logs?

> This could indicate a problem with the dbus tidy ups perhaps? Didn't see
> anything obvious when I looked at the logind related commits however.
>
> v187 is fine.

I am aware of at least one breakage due to the clean-up. The reexec dbus
call has special semantics since reexecing causes the bus connection to
be terminated without a response, and the special client side handling
of the reexec is hence gone, but all other stuff does work fine here.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.