[systemd-devel] [ANNOUNCE] systemd 188

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Aug 11 04:37:00 PDT 2012

'Twas brillig, and Lennart Poettering at 10/08/12 13:44 did gyre and gimble:
> On Thu, 09.08.12 21:59, Colin Guthrie (gmane at colin.guthr.ie) wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> 'Twas brillig, and Lennart Poettering at 09/08/12 11:32 did gyre and gimble:
>>> http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/systemd-188.tar.xz
>>
>> I seem to get logind/loginctl issues with this release.
>>
>> Just installing this and logging in with gdm means that my session (as
>> listed in loginctl) is not listed as active (which obviously breaks ACLs
>> etc).
>>
>> If I try and manually activate my session (as my user or root) I get:
>>

>> $ loginctl activate 2
>> Failed to issue method call: No such device or address
>
> Interesting. ENODEV is an interesting error here. Do you have anything
> in the logs?

OK, so looking at this a bit more, it seems that VTNr=0 in my
show-session output.

This ultimately means that when gdm calls ActivateSessionOnSeat, that
session_activate() is called which in turn calls chvt(0) which ends up
returning this error.

Will keep digging as to why it ends up being 0.

>> This could indicate a problem with the dbus tidy ups perhaps? Didn't see
>> anything obvious when I looked at the logind related commits however.
>>
>> v187 is fine.
>
> I am aware of at least one breakage due to the clean-up.

I tried reverting the dbus cleanups just as a test and it didn't make
any difference so I'm pretty sure it's not to blame here.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie