[systemd-devel] Just wanted to say good job on systemd

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Jun 27 01:05:05 PDT 2012

'Twas brillig, and Phillip Potter at 26/06/12 15:55 did gyre and gimble:
> Just wanted to say I managed to build this and get it running on my CLFS
> system with virtually no problems at all - the few problems that did
> exist were caused by my own ignorance and soon fixed. Very simple to use
> once in place as well. Good job to Lennart and all the developers.

It's always nice to get positive feedback, so I'm sure the developers
will be thankful for that.

> To set my hardware clock to the system's time on shutdown, do I need to
> create a .service file or does systemd do this already? Not a massive
> deal as I have a sysv script doing it at the moment but would be good to
> know. Thanks.

systemd used to do this a while back automatically. If you want you can
likely just grab the old units from the git history (see:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/commit/?id=da2617378523e007ec0c6efe99d0cebb2be994e
)

As I understand it, you really you should likely run chrony or ntpd or
something similar which will trigger the automatic kernel sync every 11
minutes.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie