[systemd-devel] [HEADS-UP] Hooking up DEs with logind

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sun Oct 28 05:41:44 PDT 2012

Heya,

A while ago I put together a document how to port the DM of your choice
to logind, to take benefit of multi-seat and suchlike:

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/writing-display-managers

I have now put together a similar document with a checklist of things
for desktop environments (DEs) should consider doing to integrate well
with logind:

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/writing-desktop-environments

With both documents together we now should have a good set of docs for
desktop developers who want to make sure things work beautifully on top
of logind.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.