[systemd-devel] How to delete device units presented in systemd-analyze plot.

Mantas Mikulėnas grawity at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 10:49:50 PDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 8:03 PM, Tony Seo <tonyseo7 at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hello.
>
> Now, I have studied systemd for optimizing systemd on my board.
>
> After edited several units, I would like to delete some device configuration
> units existing on my picture from systemd-analyze(best-dream-boy.blogspot)
>
> I read the manual pages about systemd.device, I tried to delete device units
> through editing /etc/fstab and systemctl mask.
>
> But I couldn't delete those device units, at least existing units on the
> picture.

You cannot delete these units because they do not exist anywhere
except in memory – they're only a way to represent device status in
the format of systemd units. In other words, they do not cause the
problems you're having; they only make the problems visible in your
bootchart.

--
Mantas Mikulėnas <grawity at gmail.com>