[systemd-devel] [systemd-bugs] Russian translation for systemd

Sergey Ptashnick 0comffdiz at inbox.ru
Fri Nov 15 13:34:26 PST 2013

On 15.11.2013 22:07, Juliette Tux wrote:
>> Hint2 -- I'm commiting alot, and the moment the new version is out, good
>> developers usually make an announcement asking for renewed translation. Do
>> you practice this at systemd?

It's totally my fault. I had to post it in the summer, when Lennart told me
to do this. I'm sorry.

>> Hint3 -- do your job, do not steal others's job

Collaboration is much better than stealing ;)

But (please don't take offense), you're very superficial about the quality of
the translation. We, translators, must think about the users who will read this.
No need to confuse them with such phrases as "локальное имя системы" (instead of
"имя компьютера"), "часы реального времени" (instead of "аппаратные часы"), etc.
Before beginning of our work, we need to understand the matter, and avoid
misinterpretations.
Also, we must not allow incorrect phrases that are typical for automated
translation.

I hope these little tips will be helpful and will hurt nobody.