[systemd-devel] shutdown

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Dec 4 07:26:38 PST 2014

On Fri, 31.10.14 18:50, Tom Deblauwe (deblauwetom at gmail.com) wrote:

> Hello,

Heya, sorry for the late reply. In case this is still open:

Which distribution is this?

> I'm using systemd, but can't seem to correctly shutdown. I have
> already:

What does "can't seem to correctly shutdown" mean? What precisely
fails? I assume it hangs somewhere? Where precisely?

> - checked: reboot -f works
> - enabled the debug-shell on vt9

When you shut down with "debug" on the kernel command line, is there
any indication where precisely it hangs? can you paste the last output somewhere?

> So I was hoping to issue the "systemctl list-jobs" command from the debug
> shell, however, it didn't allow me to type in commands. The debug shell
> allows me to type something but it is as if the shell is not receiving that
> input. So I can't use the debug shell it seems.
>
> So I decidec to execute "journalctl -x -f" while the sytem is running, and
> then do "reboot". So I only see it gets to log "Shutting down." but then
> nothing anymore.

Hmm, this smells like 4b5d8d0f22ae61ceb45a25391354ba53b43ee992 might
fix your issue? Could you verify that this is the issue you are
running into?