[systemd-devel] newer systemd for rhel7/centos7

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 11:54:31 PST 2014

On 11/20/2014 06:48 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 20.11.2014 um 19:41 schrieb Jóhann B. Guðmundsson:
>> On 11/20/2014 06:27 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>>

>>> what you asked don't matter since this is a *developer list* and so no
>>> place where a RHEL customer with support is expected to jump blindly
>>> and try unsupported packages
>>
>> Right which makes this not the place to ask for this either. ( should be
>> asked in downstream community's surrounding RHEL and it's clones )
>
> * if "downstream" is oudated you shout
> * if "downstream" tries to change that you shout
> * if a user from downstream asks something you shout

You do realize that you are speaking of an *enterprise* distribution
which maintains things based on their business model  ( which usually
does not involve the latest and the greatest from upstream ) and is
driven by their customer demands.

upstream has no business criticizing or otherwise interfere with their
business model.

>>> no idea from where your personal vendetta against Redhat is coming
>>> (not only in that response, over years, everywhere) but why don't you
>>> just ignore anything containing the company name?
>>
>> My personal vendetta against Red Hat spurs from their attitude and
>> repeated misuse of contributors time in projects like Fedora but that's
>> irrelevant here.
>
> your definition of "misuse" is just broken

You mean does not match yours and my vendetta with Red Hat is irrelevant
and off topic for this list including your view on it.

>> Encase you somehow missed it, the systemd project has been heavinly
>> criticized for being a Red Hat only project
>
> not only - also for be hostile in responses to anybody asking
> something without provide code - as you do here again

I asked Lukáš <https://plus.google.com/105356781107927668523> a simple
question if running this on your enterprises licensed distribution would
not break the support contract with Red Hat and Lukáš
<https://plus.google.com/105356781107927668523> already has plethora of
code in systemd.

In addition to that you do realize you as an RHEL tester not being paid
by Red Hat or any other enterprise distribution either are spending your
own dime paying for an licences or you are misusing your corporate
supplied licence when doing so.

Personally I think it's illogical that Red Hat customer spending their
time and money paying Red Hat to ask them to test and tell them if
*their* product works.

>> and it's members heavily
>> flamed publicly due to that and it makes no wonder if people get that
>> notion when RHEL employees treat it like internal company project
>
> by just asking upstream developers to have a look?
> really?

Yes really more than you can image

JBG