[systemd-devel] I wonder… why systemd provokes this amount of polarity and resistance

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Mon Sep 22 07:41:46 PDT 2014

On 22/09/14 10:23, Reindl Harald wrote:
> honestly the messages about "reaching target" are nonsense without
> a prefix pointing out that it is about a *user session* because it
> looks like a bootlog every minute

You can tell this is not the system instance of systemd (init) because
its process ID is > 1. systemd[1] indicates the system instance,
systemd[anything else] is a user instance. This might be a useful
basis for a filter.

Configuring a higher (more severe) LogLevel in /etc/systemd/user.conf
would probably also help in your situation.