[systemd-devel] Can kdbus send signal to the source connection?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Jun 15 07:32:27 PDT 2015

On Mon, 15.06.15 19:05, eshark (eshark77 at 163.com) wrote:

> Hi, All,
>        If I post this email to the wrong mail-list, please tell me, thank you.
>
>        Now many JS applications implement the client and service in the same thread, so they share the same connection too.
>
> However when the client or the service want to send signal to the other,  the receiver cannot get the signal because the kdbus driver
>
> won't broadcast the signal to the source connection.
>
>       I've tried to simply allow the kdbus driver to send signal to all the connections including the source , but it seems not work OK.
>
> I wonder that how I can make kdbus send signal to the source connection, or that this is impossible ?

I am not dure I follow. Are you developing a native kdbus client
library for JS?

Did I get this right, you have one bus connection per thread, but
possibly both a kdbus client and its service run from the server, and
you want broadcast msgs sent out from one to then also be matchable by
the other?

Can't you dispatch that locally? i.e. in addition to passing the msg
to kdbus also enqueue it locallly along the kdbus fd, or so?

But I am not sure I understand the problem fully...