[systemd-devel] Can kdbus send signal to the source connection?

David Herrmann dh.herrmann at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 03:54:23 PDT 2015

Hi

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 12:07 PM, eshark <eshark77 at 163.com> wrote:
> At 2015-06-16 15:54:10, "David Herrmann" <dh.herrmann at gmail.com> wrote:
>>Can you be more specific, please? What do you mean by "network module
>>of our systemd cannot work OK"?
>
> Sorry.  Acctually  our network module cannot get ip by DHCP.  Our network
> module is
> connman, which depends on libdbus.    And the connman will connect to KDBus
> through the bus-proxyd, which is implemented in the libsystemd.

Can you please be more specific!

Does this only happen with kdbus?
Does this only happen with you kdbus-patch to make broadcasts being
sent to oneself?
Or does it happen with unmodified kdbus, too?
What exactly changes?
Does everything work perfectly well without kdbus?
Is the missing DHCP connectivity the only difference you see with kdbus?
What kdbus version do you run?
What kdbus tree do you use?
What systemd version do you use? (in case of git: which commit?)
Did you pass --enable-kdbus to systemd?
What upstream kernel version do you use?
Any obscure messages in the system-log that you didn't see before?

Please try to paste as much information as possible. Otherwise, it's
really a hassle to ask for each piece of information separately.

Thanks
David