[systemd-devel] network interface renaming

Steve Abner pheonix.sja at att.net
Tue Nov 24 08:43:57 PST 2015

On 11/23/2015 10:10 AM, Steven Abner wrote:
>      systemd-networkd[260]: wlan0           : found matching network '/etc/systemd/network/11-dhcp-wlan0.network', based on potentially unpredictable ifname
>      I assume its harmless message, but someone went to trouble of issuing warning in code, so I'd like to fix.
It appears a fix for the message is to alter wpa_supplicant at .service to
pull in dhclient at .service,
which both must be Before=network.target. Since both must be in before
networkd, I settled
on using Wants=network-pre.target. The "rule" .network gets deleted.
But that still leaves two issues:
    destructive transaction (other post) and the naming convention of
interfaces.