[systemd-devel] Multiple Link Local Addresses on One Bridge Interface

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Oct 13 09:30:27 PDT 2015

On Tue, 13.10.15 09:20, Erik Haller (erik.haller at gmail.com) wrote:

> I have two processes that bind to the same port on the same machine. I use
> LinkLocalAddressing in the the systemd.network file. I use a bridge device
> (br0). How can I get the bridge to have two zeroconf 169.254.\*.\*
> addresses? Multiple [Network] sections do not work and LinkLocalAddressing
> is not used in the [Address] section.

This is not supported right now. What's the usecase of this?

You can manually pick a IP address from the ipv4ll range of course,
and statically assign it. But then you won#t get conflict detection
and any logic for picking a new address, of course.

Generally, ipv4ll is about being automatic and being just a fallback,
if everything else isn't working. As such, making it possible to run
the ipv4ll state engine multiple times in parallel on the same
interface sounds a bit unnecessary, and inappropriate for what it
is. Hence, what's the usecase for this?

We are willing to support everything where there's a good usecase for,
and that fits in. I don't really see a good usecase for what you
request right now, but please enlighten me...