[systemd-devel] A few GitHub team changes

David Timothy Strauss david at davidstrauss.net
Tue Oct 13 12:07:07 PDT 2015

I made a few minor GitHub team changes:

(1) The "Owners" team is now deleted. GitHub migrated the access this team
originally provided to an "owner" attribute, making the team unnecessary.
Leaving the team would have only caused the actual owners to be out-of-sync
with the named "Owners" team. You can still list owners by filtering the
entire members list [1].

(2) I've rationalized the Python and Erlang team names to simply be
"Python" and "Erlang." They are already namespaced under the systemd
project, and the shorter names will make mentions easier and cleaner
(@systemd/python versus the old @systemd/python-systemd or
@systemd/erlang-bindings).

(3) For Erlang support, at Sebastian Schindler's request, I've added
Vladimir Tarasenko [2] and Sascha Kattelmann [3]. Sebastian was already on
the team. I would like to promote someone else to maintain the Erlang team,
though. It's definitely not my area of focus. If you'd like to step up, let
me know.

[1] https://github.com/orgs/systemd/people?query=role%3Aowner
[2] https://github.com/umatomba
[3] https://github.com/galaxygorilla