[systemd-devel] Moving systemd-bootchart to a standalone repository

Oliver Henshaw oliver.henshaw at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 13:30:31 UTC 2016

On 17 February 2016 at 17:17, Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 17.02.16 17:03, Jóhann B. Guðmundsson (johannbg at gmail.com) wrote:
>

>> On 02/17/2016 04:51 PM, Daniel Mack wrote:
>> >Hey,
>> >
>> >[I've put all people in Cc who have had more than one commit related to
>> >systemd-bootchart in the past]
>> >
>> >As part of our spring cleaning, we've been thinking about giving
>> >systemd-bootchart a new home, in a new repository of its own. I've been
>> >working on this and put the result here:
>>
>> What's the reason for splitting it out into it's own repository as what's
>> the criteria you used to determine that which may or may not be applicable
>> to other bits of systemd?+
>
> Also, on of the major
> issues was that we trouble testing this, simply because distro kernels
> usually don't turn on the necessary kernel features to make it work
> (Fedora for example turns this off, because of the performance
> penalty).

If you're talking about CONFIG_SCHEDSTATS, I can see that it has been
enabled (with little fanfare) in kernel updates for Fedora 22 and
later. Or are you referring to other kernel features? There might
still be missing features in Fedora kernels, but nothing that prevents
the bootcharts from being created.