[systemd-devel] why does bootctl default to /boot and not to /boot/efi?

Mantas Mikulėnas grawity at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 09:15:30 UTC 2016

I'd buy into it if vfat weren't so brittle – several times I had to use
syslinux in /boot because the ESP lost *both* kernels I had in it... "sync;
sync; unmount; mount; check" was part of my kernel update ritual for a
while. Maybe it's the Linux driver, maybe it's my UEFI that's bad at FAT, I
dunno.

I use /boot as ESP on the work laptop, but not really going to merge them
on the personal one just yet.