[systemd-devel] Systemd loads units before btrfs subvolumes are mounted

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu May 26 14:44:38 UTC 2016

Am 26.05.2016 um 16:38 schrieb Lennart Poettering:
> On Thu, 26.05.16 13:46, Jóhann B. Guðmundsson (johannbg at gmail.com) wrote:
>
>> On 05/26/2016 09:36 AM, Lennart Poettering wrote:
>>
>>> /usr is for the OS vendor really.
>>
>> Given that it's generally expected and wanted that application developers
>> follow the os vendors packaging guideline and rules as possible in
>> distribution and many 3rd party repositories reflect that, I have to ask
>> what's your reasoning for limit this to OS vendor only?
>
> It's a shared namespace. Distros have enough problems already making
> sure that no two packages own the same names for their binaries,
> libraries, ... If you now allow multiple unrelated parties to all dump
> their own stuff in there, then you can only fail with that.

and *collide with the sysadmin* by install systemd-units in
/etc/systemd/system as you recommended is better? thanks for overwrite
my custom unit there and guess how my complaints sounds wehn this happen
every random day by updates

NOBODY has ANY business to touch /etc/systemd/system-units as long he is
not me and so *please* STOP recommend such a stupidity while Fedora now
seems to catch a fix the few remaining packages built that wrong way