[systemd-devel] WebUSB

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Mon Jan 16 14:23:09 UTC 2017

On Mon, 09 Jan 2017 at 10:20:33 +0100, Lars Knudsen wrote:
> 2. make sure that webusb devices will be somehow accessible to be used by a
> browser running with user permissions (current temp solution listed here:
> adding user to plugdev, adding 0664 permissions to device: https://
> developers.google.com/web/updates/2016/03/access-usb-devices-on-the-web )
> (udev/systemd task).

Since I didn't see a response to this: this sounds like a job for uaccess.
Most things that happened via the plugdev group (on Debian/derivatives)
5 or 10 years ago should happen via uaccess now.

TAG+="uaccess" in a udev rule results in an ACL being set so that
a currently-active logind session on the same seat can read and write
the device node.