[systemd-devel] Bugfix release(s)

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Jan 15 12:12:13 UTC 2019

On Di, 15.01.19 09:51, Michael Olbrich (m.olbrich at pengutronix.de) wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 04:36:49PM +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > I'd love to see some more CI hookup with Arch and Debian for example
> > (right now there is zero) or even just a git preview package set or so
> > that interested people can test. Without either it's very likely that
> > things break on those distros, because there's no way we'll catch
> > things beforehand.
>
> I'm not Arch or Debian and I don't have the resources to set up a CI but
> I'd like to do more testing before the release. The problem is, that I
> don't have the time to test master all the time, so a heads up would be
> nice before the release. Just a short mail to the list with the planed
> release date a few weeks before the release date.
> I think something like this happened in the past, but I didn't see anything
> for v240 and v241.

We use the milestones to track progress. i.e. currently:

https://github.com/systemd/systemd/milestone/18

As the list gets shorter the closer we get to a release.

There's also a telegram channel some of us hang out where talk about
this, if you want I can add you there.

> > (That said v241 is going to be a bugfix release mostly, and is
> > currently being prepared.)
>
> So, any timeline for this?

Well, when the list of issues on the milestone linked above gets empty...