[systemd-devel] Antw: failing unmounts during reboot

Frank Steiner fsteiner-mail1 at bio.ifi.lmu.de
Thu Jul 25 11:07:24 UTC 2019

Reindl Harald wrote:

> "try to kill all processes using a filesystem before unmounting it"
> isn't that easy when it comes to namespaces, "lsof" even don't tell you
> the root cause preventing unmount but the ernel still refuses to do so

Agreed! I've seen that already when trying to unmount manually. But it
does help in many cases, so lsof+kill could be helpful, even if it's not
a perfect solution. Or at least having the possibility to do sth. like
that on my own via a drop-in.

--
Dipl.-Inform. Frank Steiner   Web:  http://www.bio.ifi.lmu.de/~steiner/
Lehrstuhl f. Bioinformatik    Mail: http://www.bio.ifi.lmu.de/~steiner/m/