[Tango-artists] Did I do it right?

Andreas Nilsson nisses.mail at home.se
Sun Aug 20 04:34:28 PDT 2006

Viper550 wrote:
> Andreas Nilsson wrote:
>> Viper550 wrote:
>>> Okay, on my Windows computer, I just got the new Lego Mindstorms NXT
>>> robotics set, and I made a new icon for my dock program using the
>>> Tango guidelines. Did I do it right? I was not sure if the logo
>>> would be considered made of Glass or Plastic so I made a version
>>> with some gloss and one without. But still, did I follow the
>>> guidelines correctly?
>>>
>>> Viper550
>> Hi Viper550!
>> Nice to see new work by you.
>> Do you think you can provide a link to the original logo?
>> It's a bit hard seeing how it is supposed to look like without
>> reference.
>> I think alt. 2 is better, as lego is made out of plastic, but I will
>> have to see what the mindstorms logo look like first.
>> Keep up the good work, man!
>> - Andreas
>>
> I've got a screenshot of what the original icon gave me attached.
It's always important to try to make the shape of the icon distinctive.
It would be cool if you gave it a try without the square behind the
object. Something along the lines of this:
http://ramnet.se/~nisse/diverse/temp/mindstorms-example.png
I guess you need to give it some metal-touch of some kind as well (or
plastic, if you prefer that).
- Andreas