[Tango-artists] Questions about submitting stuff

Andreas Nilsson nisses.mail at home.se
Fri Mar 3 05:12:51 PST 2006

Manu Cornet wrote:
> Hi !
>

>> Well, I've made an attempt on creating an icon for the suite.
>> I tried to make it look as much tango as I possible could.
>> I just wanted to check if you guys had any opinions about
>> it and if it is okay, tell me how to submit it to CVS and stuff.
>>

> I could ask the same kind of information : I made 6 icons for logout
> actions (shutdown, reboot, etc.) a few weeks ago, which you can find at
>
> 	http://www.manucornet.net/GNOME/logout_dialog/
>
> (previews and SVG versions). If some of them fit in the theme and can be
> included, I would be delighted !
>
> Cheers,
> Manu

Hello Manu!
As those actions are not covered by the Icon Naming Specification [1],
they could either go into tango-icon-theme-extras or just be sent to the
developers of the application they are to be used in as you have already
done (in this case the logout dialog in Ubuntu Dapper for those not
familiar with Manu's work).

Perhaps it would be nice to have a database with icons drawn following
the tango guidelines so that application developers can have somewhere
to look for interface elements for their applications. It would also be
cool if the metadata in the icons could be search able.
I can try contact the openclipart-people and see if their
gallery-solution is reusable for our needs.
Does this sounds like a good idea to you others as well?
- Andreas