[Tango-artists] Questions about submitting stuff

Rodney Dawes dobey at novell.com
Fri Mar 3 05:30:28 PST 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 12:17 +0100, Manu Cornet wrote:
> Hi !
>
> > Well, I've made an attempt on creating an icon for the suite.
> > I tried to make it look as much tango as I possible could.
> > I just wanted to check if you guys had any opinions about
> > it and if it is okay, tell me how to submit it to CVS and stuff.
>
> I could ask the same kind of information : I made 6 icons for logout
> actions (shutdown, reboot, etc.) a few weeks ago, which you can find at
>
> 	http://www.manucornet.net/GNOME/logout_dialog/
>
> (previews and SVG versions). If some of them fit in the theme and can be
> included, I would be delighted !

We shouldn't have that many icons for "Stop using the computer". It just
doesn't make sense, especially when 3 of them are basically the exact
same icon. We should one shut down icon, and one log out icon. Log out
and shut down are two distinctly separate actions. I don't see the need
to continue combining them in the same dialog (and in GNOME 2.14, they
are now separate dialogs). Your dialog has more usability issues than
just the usage of icons, though. However, I do not think this is the
proper list for enumerating and discussing them.

-- dobey