[Tango-artists] some basic icons still needing work

Steven Garrity stevelist at silverorange.com
Thu Mar 22 06:50:12 PDT 2007

Andreas Nilsson wrote:
> Actually, the whole gtk-set needs to get tangofied. It would be great if
> someone would volunteer to fix this before the next gtk-release.
> I'm not sure if we can do anything about the current metaphors here, as
> they are wildly misused in ~90% of the applications out there (and some
> actions are rather silly, like gtk-yes and gtk-no).
> You can get the whole list of gtk stock actions here:
> http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-Stock-Items.html
>
> The license of this needs to be lgpl, like gtk+ itself.

Quite a few of the gtk-stock icons are already available in a tango-ish
form - copy, paste, media buttons, open, save, text alignment, font
style icons, etc.

Is this a matter of relicensing, or redrawing? Could we setup all the
gtk-stock icons in SVN/CVS or on a Wiki page so we can easily see what
we have and what we still need?

Cheers,
Steven Garrity