[Tango-artists] some basic icons still needing work

David Prieto frandavid100 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 06:59:29 PDT 2007

Hey Andreas, long time no see!

> Hi David!
> Actually, the whole gtk-set needs to get tangofied. It would be great if
> someone would volunteer to fix this before the next gtk-release.
> I'm not sure if we can do anything about the current metaphors here, as
> they are wildly misused in ~90% of the applications out there (and some
> actions are rather silly, like gtk-yes and gtk-no).
> You can get the whole list of gtk stock actions here:
> http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-Stock-Items.html

Is there a specification of what the proper use of those metaphors and
the correct dialog layout for a gnome app?

I mean, I think I read somewhere that apps should not even have apply,
OK and cancel buttons but rather the changes should be applied right
away and only a close button should be there. But I'm not even sure
that's the case.

What's the proper use of cancel, apply and accept? what are they
supposed to mean? what are they supposed to do?