[Telepathy] mission control API

Marcio Macedo marcio.macedo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 09:55:52 PDT 2006

Hi there,

> >  * Widget library:
> > For desktop MCs it would be nice if they provided a shared library with
> > a variety of useful widgets in their respected toolkit (QT/GTK+), that
> > would allow any program to display account settings, list CMs and such
> > with a unified look. It will use the API you guys proposed. A simple use
> > case: A user expects to be able to edit his accounts settings in the
> > roster window (which is not part of MC), the roster program (ie.
> > Gossip), could simply display the same thing you would see in the MC's
> > capplet.

We already started an API with very similar goals on Tapioca project.
Take a look at:
http://tapioca-voip.sourceforge.net/wiki/images/1/18/Tapioca-class-diagram.png

Actually, we have implementations of this model in QT, C# and GLib,
which are tapioca-qt, tapioca-sharp and tapioca-glib (see the
project's svn) . All of them built on top of telepathy's  spec.

Maybe We could combine this API with libgossip, to provide this widget
library you suggested.

Any ideas?