[Telepathy] Spec changes: tube API

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Wed Jul 25 06:55:44 PDT 2007

In a text message Rob sent me at Guadec, he wrote:
> Feel free to merge stream tubes, but split ip4 and 6 I think.

If I remember correctly, Rob's suggestion was to have the address types be
as follows:

Tube_Address_Type_Unix: 'ay' containing filename

Tube_Address_Type_Abstract_Unix: 'ay' containing the sun_path member of
struct sockaddr_un, which is an array of char of length <= UNIX_PATH_MAX
(FIXME: do we include the leading NUL or not? I'd be inclined to include it)

Tube_Address_Type_IPv4: a struct '(ayq)' where the ay has length 4

Tube_Address_Type_IPv6: a struct '(ayq)' where the ay has length 16

Regards,
	Simon