[Telepathy] Empathy/Soylent

Naba Kumar naba.kumar at nokia.com
Tue May 22 04:24:19 PDT 2007

Hi Travis & Xavier,

ext Xavier Claessens wrote:

 > I think libempathy is the right place to have EDS integration. Actually
 > we have one GossipContact (will be renamed to EmpathyContact at some
 > point) object per telepathy contact. This mean if I have 2 accounts (MSN
 > and Jabber) with the same *real* person I get 2 different contacts with
 > potentially different avatar/presence/alias/etc.

Have a look at this announcement of eds-sync, a component that
synchronizes telepathy contacts with eds.

http://maemo.org/pipermail/maemo-developers/2007-May/010328.html

Addressbook, in particular EDS, in n800 does similar thing as as you
described for soylent. It organizes the addresses into contacts.
Perhaps, that would make it easy to use eds-sync in there.

Thanks.

Regards,
-Naba