[Telepathy] Empathy/Soylent

Robert McQueen robert.mcqueen at collabora.co.uk
Tue May 22 08:27:36 PDT 2007

Naba Kumar wrote:
> Have a look at this announcement of eds-sync, a component that
> synchronizes telepathy contacts with eds.
>
> http://maemo.org/pipermail/maemo-developers/2007-May/010328.html
>
> Addressbook, in particular EDS, in n800 does similar thing as as you
> described for soylent. It organizes the addresses into contacts.
> Perhaps, that would make it easy to use eds-sync in there.

Absolutely, this is awesome news. If we can get eds-sync going, Soylent
can perform a similar job on the GNOME desktop as Contacts on the N800,
and use the tagged vcard fields to add/remove/merge people. Having your
IM contacts in EDS is exactly what we need in order for Empathy widgets
to be able to do coalesced contacts rather than referring to seperate
buddies all the time. This is cool, I've been waiting for it for ages. :)

> Thanks.

Regards,
Rob