[Telepathy] Empathy 0.22.0 / Telepathy-Haze break?

Dafydd Harries dafydd.harries at collabora.co.uk
Wed Mar 19 13:11:39 PDT 2008

Ar 19/03/2008 am 11:31, ysgrifennodd Peter Gordon:
> On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 08:29 -0700, Travis Reitter wrote:
> > I can successfully send messages to/from an AIM account (over Haze) from
> > the empathy-chat-chandler, but the messages I send and receive don't
> > show up in the empathy-chat-chandler window.
> >

> I saw this bug while packaging the recent Empathy bump for Fedora; and
> spent the good majority of a day trying to figure out what heck was
> going on.
>
> I found out that updating mission-control, libtelepathy and
> telepathy-glib to their most recent versions seemed to "fix" the issue.
> These are 4.64, 0.3.3, and 0.7.5, respectively.
>
> (The packages names probably differ slightly from Fedora to Ubuntu, so
> please be sure to check those as needed.)

There shouldn't be any compatibility changes between these releases, so just
upgrading shouldn't have fixed the problem. Either there is some subtle change
in behaviour, or the bug is still there and just not manifesting itself. I
hope for the latter personally. Either way, it deserves closer inspection.

--
Dafydd