[Telepathy] Using Telepathy & Vino with private proxy server and more...
webm0nk3y at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 07:49:38 PDT 2009
As mentioned in #telepathy, I am working on Ubuntu One (U1) which is going
provide a set of cloud based services to Ubuntu Users. Some of those
services will involve
private proxy servers for Screen Sharing (and perhaps more)
I would really like to use Telepathy in this project but, I am unclear as to
what it will involve. I understand there are already changes made to
support these over stream tubes which is awesome. In addition we would
like to do is provide our users access to private proxy servers if we can't
establish a p2p connection when a Tube offer is made. (This is where I am
this would work)
The rest of this email is just some information about what we would like to
do, but if you have feedback
I would appreciate it.
With screen sharing, there are also other things we think we can do to
* Find ways to increase success of P2P connections using Tubes (libnice
* Decrease bandwidth usage by adjusting options in vino (there's a vino bug
* Smart Proxy/Message Accelerator between vino/vinagre? (Idea based on
* Proxy between server/viewer for Compression like NX? (We can't change RFB,
but we could create a special client/server proxy)
Here are some additional possibilities we are considering for
* Connecting our users to our XMPP server
* Contacts Presence (Empathy, custom client)
* Chat (Empathy)
XMPP Extentions and Applications
* U1 notifications Server ---> User (via Empathy or custom client)
* Bob has shared a folder with you
* Bob wants to share his contact list with you...
* Bob wants to do this wizbang U1 thing with you (etc..)
If you have any questions feel free to contact me (jdobrien on
usually in #ubuntuone or #telepathy.
Thank you in advance for your help,
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the telepathy