[Telepathy] ANNOUNCE: libfolks 0.3.2

Travis Reitter travis.reitter at collabora.co.uk
Sun Nov 14 17:45:57 PST 2010

libfolks 0.3.2 is now available for download from:

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/folks/0.3/

180cb474b28e7e434d4971627e2db562d0106b44d0b3e0bf812d882276701f8a
folks-0.3.2.tar.bz2

d3b3ec1535800996e63b9b4892690de3fc81ac6632eddd5201716f0e7c434c5b
folks-0.3.2.tar.gz

libfolks 0.3.2 — If we amplify everything, we hear nothing
Libfolks pulls together contacts from any number of accounts supported
by the libfolks backends. This release includes a Telepathy backend
complete enough to power Empathy and a key file backend to allow contact
linking. We would like to include additional backends
(especially evolution-data-server), so let us know if we can help!

libfolks is not yet API or ABI stable, so please proceed with caution.
The 0.2.x series will stay stable relative to itself, but the 0.3.x
series breaks API with the 0.2.x series (to get it in better shape
before we do a final API freeze). See the NEWS file for details on every
break we make. In future releases, we will have example programs that
will be kept up-to-date with the latest API as well.

For more information, see the Folks wiki page:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Folks

What's new?
===========

Major changes:
* BackendStore.load_backends() now (un)loads backends which have been
  (dis|en)abled since the last call
* FOLKS_BACKEND_DIR has been replaced by FOLKS_BACKEND_PATH. It accepts
  any number of files and directories, separated by :
* Significantly clean up the build system

API changes:
* Added BackendStore.prepare() and BackendStore::is-prepared
* Add BackendStore.enable_backend().
* Add BackendStore.disable_backend().
* Add BackendStore.unprepare().
* Remove casting convenience methods on Individual (casting isn't hard)
* Change the visibility of the setters of PersonaStore.type_id,
  PersonaStore.display_name, PersonaStore.id, Backend.name,
  Backend.persona_stores and Persona.linkable_properties. This removes
  the corresponding C setter methods which should never have been
  exposed
* Remove Tpf.PersonaError
* Remove the exception from the Tpf.Persona constructor

Bugs fixed:
* Bug 629081 — Add API to allow specific backends to be disabled
* Bug 629862 — Add tests for the key-file backend
* Bug 628883 — Add localisation support
* Bug 633718 — Make the Folks releases buildable without vala, valadoc,
  or g-i
* Bug 633080 — Crash when disconnecting twice

Dependencies
libfolks and depend upon core GNOME libraries (GLib, GIO, etc.), as well
as the recent releases of Vala and gobject-introspection.

The Telepathy backend also requires a recent release of
telepathy-glib, built to include its Vala bindings.

Contributing/Contact