[Telepathy] Bug 29904 Spec change - Review Needed

WolfRage wolfrage8765 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 07:10:17 PDT 2011

João,

I will give you what I know. This is a two part job, first Telepathy
needs a generic interface for securing end-to-end communications of
various types and some times multiple types. The current work I have
done is spec work to implement a generic end-to-end encryption and
authentication interface that the more specific implementations can use
to communicate with telepathy via D-bus. That is why I need my current
work to be reviewed under this bug (29904).
Once the generic interface is accepted then we can build the OTR
specific implementation for each Connection Manager under bug 16891.
I would really appreciate your help. I choose to program the
implementation first for Butterfly because it is written in Python which
I am more familiar with. I was then planning to port the code to a C/C++
implementation for the other connection managers.
My major push for this project will start in mid May and I will be able
to commit a lot of time to it through out the following 6 months. In the
mean time I have been communicating on and off and building a list of
resources. I have also been working on the spec work for the generic e2e
spec. I will give your GSoC page a read now. Let me know what you need
from me and how I can help you? I look forward to working together with
you on full OTR support for Telepathy.

--
- -
Jordan