[Telepathy] incoming call not notified

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Thu Oct 15 08:22:39 PDT 2015

I tried copying the way incoming calls are handled in telepathy-ofono's
channel constructor:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~phablet-team/telepathy-ofono/trunk/view/head:/ofonocallchannel.cpp#L25

Empathy doesn't show any notification about the incoming call.

If I just create the base channel from within my
Connection::createChannel() callback like this:

Tp::BaseChannelPtr baseChannel = Tp::BaseChannel::create(
  this, channelType, Tp::HandleType(targetHandleType), targetHandle);

baseChannel->setTargetID(targetID);
baseChannel->setInitiatorHandle(initiatorHandle);
return baseChannel;

then the incoming call notification (with the accept and decline
buttons) does appear on the screen.

Is the telepathy-ofono code up to date?

Are any other API calls required when making a call channel?

Are there any other examples?