[Telepathy] run telepathy with empathy at ubuntu

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Fri May 20 21:03:03 UTC 2016

On 20/05/16 22:17, Mateus Bellomo wrote:
> Can I use resiprocate-telepathy with Jitsi? I installed Jitsi and I can
> register an account in it (even without rakia and sofiasip). I initiated
> the resiprocate-telepathy process:
>
> $ libtool --mode=execute gdb ./apps/telepathy/telepathy-resiprocate
>
> but I see nothing at bustle. I don't know if I have to change some
> configuration at Jitsi...

Jitsi has its own built-in SIP stack, based on Jain SIP, it doesn't use
any of the Telepathy infrastructure

However, I have tested making calls from Empathy to Jitsi using
telepathy-resiprocate

Jitsi also supports IM/chat and presence over SIP, that should also
interact with telepathy-resiprocate when it is complete.

Regards,

Daniel