[Uim] gtk-2.6.1:

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Wed Feb 2 09:16:36 EET 2005

Hi,

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 22:19:18 +0100
G__bor Farkas <gabor at z10n.net> wrote:

> uim-0.4.5 here.
>
> after i upgraded to gtk-2.6.x (2.6.1), i'm getting this message when
> using gtk programs:
>
> failed in listen(): Invalid argument.
>
> i tracked it back, and it's uim's problem.
>
> if i remove uim from my computer, the problem vanishes.
> if i put it back, the problem is also back ;)
>
> the problem seems to be gtk-2.6..
>
> because i compiled gtk-2.4 into a separate directory,
> and used LD_LIBRARY_PATH to have the gtk program(s) use those files,
> and
>    in that case, no warnings..

Thanks for your report, but unfortunately I can't reproduced the bug,
though I'm also using GTK+ 2.6.1. (I'm using ubuntu.)

Uim uses other process 'uim-helper-server' to communicate with other
processes via Unix Domain socket. uim-helper-server is a server to relay
messages.

In itinialization process, uim attempts to connect the helper-server. If
couldn't connect, then they exec helper-server, and retry to connect to
helper-server. Something wrong happened to this process, "fail to create
socket: Too many open files". may occur.

I'm guessing your system has a piece of old uim. What happens if you
remove all uim stuff and reinstall them?

You should remove these files if exists to clean up your system.

/usr/lib/libuim*
/usr/share/uim
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/uim.pc
/usr/bin/uim-*