[Uim] Re: What should be done until 0.4.6

Etsushi Kato ekato at ees.hokudai.ac.jp
Sat Jan 1 16:52:26 EET 2005

Hi,

On Sat, Dec 18, 2004 at 07:59:24PM +0100,
Jan Willem Stumpel <jstumpel at planet.nl> wrote:

> uim is a great system, but I have a wishlist for 0.4.6:
>
> -- in 直接入力 mode, for entering characters with dead keys,
>    AltGr, and Compose, the whole UTF-8 compose table should be
>    supported (not only the Latin-1 characters).

I've just implemented compose key support in uim-xim.  So uim-xim
0.4.6 will support Compose and dead keys.

Its behavior is just the same as imLocal of X11
(i.e. XMODIFIERS=@im=none).  Compose file for corresponding locale is
used with reading /usr/X11R6/lib/locale/compose.dir.  Also XCOMPOSEFILE
environmental variable and ~/.XCompose file are supported.

Happy New Year,
--
Etsushi Kato
ekato at ees.hokudai.ac.jp