[Uim] Korean input

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at in-nomine.org
Tue Jul 19 13:53:56 EEST 2005

Hei David,

hvordan gaar det?

-On [20050719 12:11], David Oftedal (david at start.no) wrote:
>We have one, called romaja.scm. Actually, there are two romaja.scm and
>the new one's meant to replace the older, so you should try grabbing the
>newest one from http://home.no.net/david/romaja.scm just to be sure. If
>you drop it into /usr/share/uim/ and restart all the different UIM
>processes (perhaps restarting X altogether is a good idea) it should
>work, since the old one's already linked from hangul.scm. The difference
>between the two is very clear: The new one has thousands more hangeul
>syllables, and the old one requires each one to start with a capital
>letter, whereas the new one doesn't.

Capital latin letter?

Are there plans to replace the old one with the new one?

>It uses a very primitive style of romanization - For instance, "Kamsa
>hamnida" has to be written "gamsa habnida". However, it does
>differentiate between initial r and final l. When a syllable is
>ambiguous, it can be terminated using the space bar, but it usually
>isn't necessary.

Is there a particular reason to settle on the old romanization style?  All
literature I encounter seems to use "kamsa hamnida" versus "gamsa habnida".

Takk pa dig 'answer'. ;)

Free Tibet! http://www.savetibet.org/ | http://ashemedai.deviantart.com/
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/
The only source of knowledge is experience...