[Uim] Improvement of documentation

YAMAMOTO Kengo / YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Sat Nov 18 22:35:45 EET 2006

At Fri, 17 Nov 2006 00:48:48 +0900,
yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp wrote:

> The request to Wikia had been declined because of less
> popularity of the topic (uim).
>
> Instead of it, I've just requested a wiki space to elwiki.com,
> an ad-based wiki farm. It will offer a dedicated wiki as
> uim.elwiki.com once it has been approved. Although the site is
> running with strong as-is basis, at least automatic backup dump
> is provided by dumps.wikimedia.org. It seems enough for our
> testdrive of MediaWiki-based wiki.
>
> These three existing wikis should finally be merged into the new
> wiki. But it can be migrated page by page on demand slowly
> (i.e. You aren't needed to take care of other than user
> documents). On this user document improvemnt, how do you want to
> revise it?  Complementing lacking topics? Or else completely
> rewrites entire contents? Feel free to select the best way you
> are believing.
>
> Official English wiki
> http://uim.freedesktop.org/wiki/TitleIndex
>
> Basically obsolete English wiki
> http://anthy.sourceforge.jp/cgi-bin/hikien/hiki.cgi?c=index
>
> Japanese wiki
> http://anthy.sourceforge.jp/cgi-bin/hikija/hiki.cgi?c=index

The new wiki site has been created. Everyone, feel free to
create account and edit it.

http://uim.elwiki.com/

I've also asked the administrator about Japanese sister wiki
site and interlanguage linking (see below) to it. Wait for the
answer for Japanese site.

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Interwiki_linking#Interwiki_links_to_other_languages

I want to reorganize current uim.freedesktop.org pages as
follows. Everyone, please move these pages to the new wiki if
you have a time. And replace the page content with "This page is
moved to http://uim.elwiki.com/".

* Keep remaining on uim.freedesktop.org
  http://uim.freedesktop.org/wiki/FrontPage
  http://uim.freedesktop.org/wiki/OldNews