[virglrenderer-devel] [rfc] GL/GLES feature mechanism

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 06:45:55 UTC 2018

On 23 July 2018 at 12:08, Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> wrote:
> The first patch is just a cleanup, the second one is the main one.
>
> This is an attempt to probe the GL features once, I initially
> wanted to called the features have GL extensions, but I think
> this might not make GLES host side life much easier,
>
> The idea is to spec a gl version, gl extension, gles ver
> or gles extension to enable a feature flag, we then use
> those feature flags to set the capability bits later.
I've pushed some WIP bits for this to

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/airlied/virglrenderer/tree/feature-refactor

Issues I've hit so far are copy_image has two GLES extensions to choose
from so maybe that needs improvement, do we need separate GL and GLES
extensions, or would just a list of extensions do?

I'm sure there are some more callsites that need fixing up.

Dave.