[virglrenderer-devel] Towards gles 3.1

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 00:20:30 UTC 2018

On 11 June 2018 at 09:28, Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10 June 2018 at 20:30, Gert Wollny <gert.wollny at collabora.com> wrote:
>> Am Samstag, den 09.06.2018, 06:23 +1000 schrieb Dave Airlie:
>>>
>>> First up I expect for this we want to always be rebasing, like keep
>>> a branch, but be ready for it to have pieces merged into master and
>>> rebased the whole time. I expect we won't just merge the completed
>>> branch, but will have to go back and make proper commits out of it,
>>> like I've done with the tessellation work.
>> +1
>>

>>> I've been playing around with this stuff on the sidelines:
>>> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/airlied/virglrenderer/tree/gl-4.5
>>> https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~airlied/mesa/log/?h=virgl-gl-4.5
>>>
>>> Is my rebase of my parts onto my current desktop GL 4.1 work on
>>> master.
>>>
>>> I need to rebase Gurchetan's ssbo fixes on top as well.
>> So you will do this? In this case I would look into some other work to
>> be done (probably fixing segfailts when the deqp-gles31 is run).
>>

> I'll try and drop a branch today with Gurchetan's fixes merged into mine
> and maybe a bit of cleaner history.

Okay I've pushed a gl-4.5 branch to my tree[1].

This is my tess work + shader view + qbo hacks, then images/ssbo/compute shader
support on top.

I've merged the ssbo fixes from Gurchetan's tree, but not his final
two HACK patches,
I want to see what needs to be done for those. (or maybe you can pick
them up and see).

I think this is a pretty good base to start from I envisage the final
patchset ending
up roughly around the same, three separate patches for images/ssbo/compute,
some refactoring then a bunch of patches adding the protocol. There is also no
capabilitiies setup yet for this, I've just hacked things on in the mesa branch.
There are definitely some limits we need to communicate here.

Dave.

[1]https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/airlied/virglrenderer/tree/gl-4.5
[2]https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~airlied/mesa/log/?h=virgl-gl-4.5