[waffle] Drop the libEGL linking, take 2

Chad Versace chad.versace at intel.com
Sat Nov 8 12:58:43 PST 2014

On Sat 08 Nov 2014, Emil Velikov wrote:
>On 08/11/14 05:18, Chad Versace wrote:
>> On Wed 10 Sep 2014, Emil Velikov wrote:
>>> Changes comparing to previous round
>>> - raised the severity on dlopen/dlsym
>>> - crushed some typos
>>> - use the versioned lib on linux and the unversioned on android
>>> - updated the android build (but untested)
>>
>> Emil, this looks good to me. It's nice to see one more static dependency
>> be removed from Waffle.
>>
>> I merged your series to the 'next' branch. I'll merge it to 'master'
>> after I've had a chance to use it for several Piglit runs.
>>
>Great. Thanks Chad. Meanwhile I've had a quick look at libgbm and libGL.
>Should be doable with a lot less extra code :)

Great.

>But before that can you let me know a branch on top of which I can
>respin the whole wgl support (+ extra ~30 patches after it). [...]

We are both thinking about the same thing today. Just a minute ago
(before reading your message), I tried rebasing onto master myself.
Could you take a look and see if my rebase looks good? It's branch
'cooking/evelikov/wgl' in my personal Waffle repo
[git://github.com/chadversary/waffle].

> [...] The current
>merging of branches is making my head spin. Afaict there are some
>patches in master that are not present in next and vice-versa.

Also hot on my mind. Earlier this morning I began making notes on the
git workflow I'm trying out, with the intention of commiting to
'doc/git-workflow.txt' soon (or some file named similarly).

I discovered that I have difficulty keeping track of what's what and
what's been committed when all commits get commited directly to master
with linear history, subversion style. So I decided recently, as an
experiment, to try the workflow documented in Git's official docs as the
recommended workflow, man:gitworkflow(7). Like I said, I'll soon
document the exact workflow and commit it to the repo.

(I'd like to say more about that, but I'm meeting someone for lunch in
3 minutes).

>I'll prep a cover letter for the rebase, so that you can just check with
>a patch or two rather than the whole series :)

If you don't like the rebase I did, or you just have an itch to do it
yourself (it's your patches, after all), then please rebase the series
onto master.