Using Wayland on VirtualBox

Darxus at chaosreigns.com Darxus at chaosreigns.com
Tue Nov 23 18:15:12 PST 2010

On 11/24, Wolf Stephan Kappesser wrote:
> #./compositor
> DRI2: failed to connect, DRI2 version: 0.0
> failed to create compositor
>
> Could it be a problem with the virtualbox graphics driver and if, there are a solution for to run wayland on VB?

Yes, you don't have DRI2 support in your X server in virtualbox.

I've seen hints that some people have DRI2 working with virtualbox, but I
haven't been able to figure out how.  If you do, please post.

The only possibility I know if is uv's patch to run wayland with a
framebuffer (outside of X) instead of with DRM/DRI.

--
"Wash daily from nose-tip to tail-tip; drink deeply, but never too deep;
And remember the night is for hunting, and forget not the day is for sleep."