Re: client side decorations

andre.knispel@gmx.de andre.knispel at gmx.de
Mon May 9 19:52:01 PDT 2011

Actually, I think Iskren made a very important point. To take this one step further: with CSD, we can't force the client to stop drawing the decoration, we can only tell the client that it should. So we can assume Chrome having a decoration for example, what shouldn't be possible in a tiling WM.
Together with the other things he said, it would be almost impossible to get a useable/useful tiling WM with CSD.
To the shortcuts discussion: do you really want every user to remember shortcuts to use his desktop? This would be a huge step backwards for the process of getting Linux on the desktop. Everything the average user wants to do must be doable within the UI, and closing/moving dead windows out of the way belongs to this.

André